Key drivers for digital health in personalized nutrition and wellbeing by 2035
I think that we will witness significant developments in personalized nutrition and wellbeing in the future years. This means that we have to consider digital transformation in the agrifood industry to create a sustainable growth and internationalization.
So what should we focus on? Let’s look at the most important drivers:
· Technology advancements in artificial intelligence, machine learning, and data analytics
· Genomic research in human genomics and agrigenomics
· Wearable devices and sensors
· Health data integration and interoperability
· Personalized gut microbiome analysis
· Telemedicine and virtual health
· Digital biomarkers
· Social determinants of health
· Personalized mobile applications
· Policy and regulatory support
All these drivers will positively affect the human nutrition and wellbeing and this should be considered by the agrifood industry in the strategic business growth action plans.
On the other hand, I believe that we have to consider healthy active lifestyle and continue to make healthy physical activities (2.5 to 5 hours of moderate intensity physical activity) each week. This will contributes to our wellbeing, and preventing and managing noncommunicable diseases.